Audio Director - New IP
28 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and versatile Audio Director to join the studio to create an exciting new IP. You will be responsible for product level audio direction, as well as helping to guide company level audio management. Working within a nimble, cross-disciplinary team of skilled developers, you will become the keystone developer for the audio discipline within the product. You will work with vision holders and stakeholders to establish the audio direction of the game, create hands-on audio content and build, lead and manage a high-performance team.. As a Phoenix Labs game developer, you’ll be expected to produce world class experiences, elevating what’s possible in games, leveraging considerable experience one day, and learning new skills the next.
- Help craft a unique and iconic audio landscape for an exciting new IP.
- Work with key vision holders to create and implement VO, music, and sound design across all aspects of the product.
- Build a strategic approach to technical implementation, pipelines and organization.
- Work closely with other disciplines to reinforce and enhance game mechanics, narrative and art direction.
- Manage, mentor and direct in-house talent and external vendors.
- Act as the Hiring Manager for Audio candidates, attracting and retaining great talent, and creating an environment where they can thrive.
- Organize and be active in the organization-wide audio Community of Practice.
- Establish and inform best practices, tools and workflows across the Phoenix Labs audio community.
- Maintain relationships with Audio Designers org-wide, assisting in their career development and informing team transfers at a global level.
- At least 2 years of formal people/career management.
- Must have shipped at least two high quality titles.
- High knowledge of the entire audio process (VO, composition, sound design, technical pipelines, workflows, and implementation).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- High level of leadership, ownership and self-sufficiency.
- Up-to-date on industry trends, new technologies, and best practices.
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine.
- Familiarity with Audiokinetic Wwise.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.