This job might no longer be available.
1 year ago
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
as an inspirational, discipline expert and leader in the field of computer game audio development, is to drive the audio team forward as a single unit as the Audio Director.
Areas for Impact
The audio in our games will change player experience like nothing else - it is critical that we get this right through your work to:
- Establish and document the technical and artistic audio vision based on the creative direction
- Define and communicate the audio vision to the team and provide all necessary visual and audio documents and references needed
- Define and own the delivery plan for audio within the game in line with the project milestones.
- Lead the team to create consistent, high quality video game audio in industry standard timelines through consistent and constructive critique.
- Identify technical audio needs for the project and communicate them to the audio engineer
- Define the musical direction and the process to select composers, in collaboration with the creative director of the project
- Design and implement audio element integration processes by working in close collaboration with programmers and technical directors to ensure proper integration
- Define and instigate best practices for the audio team as it pertains to game audio development
- Coach and mentor team members to encourage their artistic and technical development so that they progress in their careers
- Coordinate specific audio recording sessions to meet project needs, in collaboration with the project creative director
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
- Bachelor’s degree in music or audio or professional training in audio
- Computer science training a benefit
- At least eight years’ experience in audio production for video games
- Experience working on at least 3 AAA titles in a senior capacity
- Film or TV post-production experience a benefit
- Ability to communicate a vision
- Good communication skills
- Organization skills
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
- Extensive musical knowledge as a musician and/or composer
- Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.