16 days ago
Direct, lead, and implement the iconic sound of the James Bond universe!
IO Interactive is looking for an Audio Director to join Project 007, a brand new James Bond video game to be developed and published by IOI. Featuring a wholly original Bond story, players will step into the shoes of the world's favourite Secret Agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin story. Give life to game vision by setting the audio direction for our Bond universe, this legendary title, known for its iconic sound.
You will be a key player between sound design and game vision and will marry the two into one immersive and realistic sound experience. We will rely on you to be hands-on from the get-go, and be just as much a part of implementing the audio system and sound together with your team of sound designers. You will be the go-to expert for sound design layout and implementation, grow and mentor the team in achieving goals and setting expectations regarding time and quality for the rest of the production team.
If this sounds like a match, we would love to meet you! We’re looking for the very best talent from all over the world to join our studio:
What you will do:
Who you are:
- You will create and own the audio direction and sound implementation that aligns with the general game vision, established in collaboration with the game management team.
- Define workflows, structures and the organization of all audio related content.
- Create prototypes and sound intentions, proving audio set-ups and technical choices while identifying needs.
- Create sound effects and audio assets using pre-recorded material or synthesis, recording, foley recording etc.
- Mixing – you will be the owner of the final quality in sound design and implementation.
- Work with programmers and designers to ensure outstanding audio reflecting the game vision.
- Use IOI’s proprietary tools setting up audio (Wwise and our engine Glacier).
- Focus on technical development and implementation of sound, collaborate with audio programmers and spar on solution iteration.
- Set benchmarks for sound design quality for the internal and external teams.
- Ensure that game audio playback is as intended and fit for commercial release.
- Grow, mentor and coach a team of sound designers to deliver on the assignments at hand and within the established quality standard.
- Take part in the recruitment process and train new sound designers in the proper use of our tools.
We would love if you had:
- Accomplished sound designer with 5+ years of experience working in the AAA video game industry, having produced work for at least one published title, in a leading role.
- You have leadership acumen, able to manage an in-house team of sound designers, and guide them with qualified and constructive feedback.
- You don’t shy away from being hands-on and it is something that you are motivated by and want to continue doing, by working hand in hand with the rest of the sound team. For that, we need your great sound design skills both in regard to technical understanding and creative solutions.
- Experience working with one or more established game audio systems (F-Mod, WWise, Miles Sound System etc.).
- Professional recording experience – location and studio-based.
- Experience recording, integrating and mixing audio for game projects.
- You are self-motivated and hold a very high standard for the sound direction and your team’s work.
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, and work solution-oriented.
- A deep passion and enthusiasm for making and playing games, and a very good understanding of the industry’s competitive landscape.
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website or on Youtube).
- Experience with a sandbox storytelling game.
- A fan of the James Bond universe.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for IO Interactive games.
- Experience supervising orchestral and dialogue recording.
Who we are:
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people of over 30 nationalities working in our Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in our Copenhagen, Malmö or Barcelona studios. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation for you and your family. Please include a portfolio with your application. For any questions, drop an email to Marina, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your applications!