This job might no longer be available.
20 days ago
Gravity Well is looking for a creative and technical Audio Director who will be responsible for creating and implementing immersive and dynamic soundscapes that enhance the gameplay experience and bring our games to life. As a champion of sound, you will help us in designing, implementing, and optimizing a wide variety of audio assets, including music, sound effects, voice-overs, and marketing materials.
What You'll Do:
- Establish and articulate the studio’s creative audio direction, maintaining throughout the project through reviews, feedback and modification as needed.
- Direct, manage, and collaborate with external audio design partner(s).
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and other department Directors to ensure audio direction is both synergised with and able to enhance all aspects of our games.
- Oversee, develop, and document project pipelines.
- Hire, build up, and mentor an audio team to create world-class audio for our games.
Ideally You’ll Have:
- 5+ years in audio production at a leadership level.
- Experience with industry standard AAA game audio technology.
- Solid foundation in audio equipment setup and usage.
- Deep understanding of audio principles, techniques, and formats.
- Involvement with full development cycles of multiple shipped titles, from prototype to live service.
- Ability to collaborate effectively, take creative direction, and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience working with composers, soundtrack recording, and production.
What You’ll Get:
- The base pay for this role is $170,000 to $220,000 USD per year and is applicable to US-based employees only. We pay fairly across our global team regardless of your location but it will differ based on factors such as experience, qualifications etc.
- In addition to the base pay, we offer profit sharing and company equity to all employees, regardless of location
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans
- Employer sponsored basic life insurance & AD&D
- 401k retirement program
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited PTO and sick time
- Paid parental leave
Some benefits listed, such as the 401k plan for employees in the US, may vary depending on your employee status and location.
Where You'll Work:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- This position is for US and Canadian residents. We have an office in California if you like to come to an office, but most employees work from home across different US time zones and that’s totally fine.