9 days ago
For more than twenty years, Criterion Games has entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for phenomenal game feel, AAA audio-visual quality, and technical innovation across many beloved franchises including Burnout, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront and Need for Speed.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the sixth year in a row, we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK.
We are seeking an audio visionary to join our studio. This role is dynamic and multi-faceted, leading the audio team and working with the studio leadership team to create an end-to-end audio vision.
As a leader at Criterion, you will deliver a high quality and engaging experience for all audio aspects of the project as well as being a major contributor to our audio community.
You will have a passion for video game audio, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience. You will:
- Work with the audio team and dev partners to establish a creative vision for projects at the studio.
- You will communicate and execute vision, at all levels.
- Own the final mix of the game, cut scenes, and marketing videos.
- Champion innovative implementation solutions.
- Advocate and design audio pipeline features and workflow processes.
- Bring out the best in your team members and peers.
- Collaborate and communicate with EA studios across the world.
- Help build a stronger audio community within EA.
- Help source, communicate with and manage input around audio and music from external licence partners.
You have experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in every step of the pipeline; studio and location recording, from editing and design to technical implementation.
- Experience working on 3 full game cycles with game audio or related industry (film) experience, in a leadership capacity.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle audio related workflows.
- Strong artistic and creative sensibilities, with a focus on the big picture.
- Proven track record delivering high quality audio content for games or films.
- Expert knowledge of modern sound creation techniques, processing and standards.
- General experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines.
- Highly skilled in mixing and presentation in all formats.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of project quality management processes such as QA collaboration and testing guidelines
Please note: While music is critical to the emotional impact of the game, this role will not involve any composition work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.