14 days ago
The Audio Director is responsible for setting and executing on our audio goals of delivering rich, immersive and memorable soundscapes for our games. We're looking for an audio leader who will inspire others with their expertise, knowledge and drive for audio excellence. They will be the driving factor of building great relationships within development, publishing, and external contracting teams.
- Hire, organize and manage all audio requirements at Blind Squirrel Games
- Edit music and dialogue as well as process and mix both sound and music
- Set the Audio Direction for projects, defining guidelines, tone, musical style, implementation and execution
- Optimizes sound assets to meet memory budget and performance requirements.
- Identify technical audio requirements for projects and work closely with programming team
- Direct vo and music recording sessions
- Determine the audio resources and budget required for projects
- Work with Creative Director to manage the final mix of the game.
- Technical curiosity, creativity
- Experience implementing audio using proprietary tools or commercial middleware
- Required familiarity of some scripting/coding language, experience with C, C++ a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in audio production for video games
- Delivery of two or more AAA games in an Audio/Sound role
- Bachelor's degree in music or audio or professional training in audio, CS degree a plus
- Strong knowledge of audio post process plugins
- Strong collaboration and communication skills across teams
- Extensive knowledge of Pro Tools
- Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment