1 month ago
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking an Audio Director to join our team. In this role, you will build and lead our audio team and deliver an immersive soundscape that elevates the player experience of our first game. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader in sound design and audio production for AAA games who fosters teamwork and builds trust with leadership and developers alike. This role reports to the Technical Operations Director.
What You’ll Do
- Establish and articulate an audio vision for the game
- Build and mentor an audio team to deliver industry-leading sound design
- Work with external partners to fill any gaps in skills or capacity
- Select a composer and lead production for the soundtrack of the game
- Collaborate with the Cinematic Director on casting, VO, and PCap for cinematics
- Identify technical audio requirements to the Engineering team and assure they're met
- Integrate sound design into the development process, creating a collaborative relationship that fosters quality and a healthy work environment
- Maintain the audio budget and partner with the Production team to align audio planning with the rest of the project
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years in audio production at a senior level on multiple AAA games
- Deep understanding of game audio technology
- Musical knowledge as a producer, composer, and/or musician
- Solid foundation in audio equipment setup and usage
- Ability to manage budgets, contracts, schedules, and production for both internal and external audio teams and vendors
- Experience with composers, soundtrack recording, and production
- Experience with VO recording and PCap
- Team leadership and mentorship skills
- Open and collaborative communications style
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.