This job might no longer be available.
Audio Designer (f/m/d)
3 months ago
We are currently searching for experienced and motivated Audio Designers responsible for overseeing artistic and technical audio content for AAA Ubisoft brands under supervision of the Audio Director.
As the Audio Designer, your role will include Implementation of audio content (music, sound design, voiceover) into the game by using audio engines, game engines and tools.
Further Responsibilities include:
- Creation and enhancement of game features and gameplay mechanics with audio designs.
- Working closely with game and level designers to ensure that the audio design supports the game design.
- Working with various audio engine features, commercial wave editors and take an active role in improvement and bug-fixing.
- Working with audio software developers to bring needed functionality into the studio.
- Works closely with programmers to solve technical issues and to ensure a high quality soundscape.
- Defining features and tasks for projects.
- Ensures proper documentation using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Confluence/Wiki.
- Sound design including field recording, Foley, synthesis, library-work, etc.
- Research within audio databases for the whole production process.
- Mixing and mastering of linear media.
- Participate in the creation of the game at the creative level (with the lead designer, creative director, artistic director, etc.) to enhance the player’s immersion and experience.
- Take part in the assessment of the sound content that is not included in the game (e.g. trailer, teaser, marketing…) or develop this content in-house.
- Create audio test cases with the QA team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio, Sound Design, Music or equivalent
- Excellent skills in Audio Engine Editors (Wwise (is preferred), FMOD...)
- Profound skills in various DAWs (Nuendo (is preferred), Cubase, Pro Tools, Logic…) and Audio Editing Tools (Wavelab, Soundforge…)
- Good skills in Game Engine Editors (Unity, Unreal...)
- At least 3+ years experience in a similar position
- Experience in Perforce is a plus
- Experience in scripting/coding (C++, C#, Java,…) is a plus
- Experience in 3D Software (Maya, 3DS Max) is a plus
- Being able to closely adapt the audio vision.
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Very good communication and team skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike
- Subsidized lunch meals, possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
We are offering highly motivating challenges for true team players with a high level of self-initiative. If you are passionate about about games and wish to join an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career Portal.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Blue Byte GmbH
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Far Cry", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are commited to creating innovative, high-quality gaming experiences. To help us achieve this goal, we are looking for an Audio Designer (f/m/d) who will be responsible for bringing our games to life with stunning, high quality animations.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany).