This job might no longer be available.
9 days ago
WHAT YOUR MISSION WILL BE
The Audio Designer participates in implementing some parts of the artistic and technical content of the soundtrack under supervision and supports their integration
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Follow the references and directions from the Lead Audio
- Create the asset lists
- Work on the creation and implementation of all the sound effects on his/her mission
- Create and implement the sound effects on the animations, cutscene and scripted events
- Responsible for the ambient Dialog in-game implementation in his/her missions
- Innovate and resolve technical problems for the artistic development of tools used in video game production in order to improve work processes
- Document processes and procedures
- Works closely with Gameplay Programmers, Animators, Level Designers to ensure that the audio design supports the game design
- Respect budget and performance constraints
- Verify the quality of the sound integrated into the game
- Test and optimize sound
- Debug and tweak sound implementation
- Actively communicate all dependencies, changes and tasks completion to his/her Lead
- Regular meetings with the Lead Audio to ensure that the quality and artistic directions matches their expectations
- Respecting milestone deliveries
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in digital and analog audio production or audio engineering
- Strong background in audio engineering with a solid understanding of signal processing, 3D positional audio and mastering.
- Knowledge on industry standard DAW (Protools, Nuendo, Sound Forge, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to comprehend on fast phase and complex game environments.
- Self-driven, team player and willingness to learn
- Must be motivated and passionate about sound design and implementation
- Strong Gameplay instincts
- Knowledge of at least one current game audio engine (Wwise, FMOD, XACT, etc)
- Foley/ Field recording experience
- C++ or similar audio programming languages
- Military understanding and gun lover
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.