Edinburgh, United Kingdom
6 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for talented Audio Designer who possess a passion for innovative sound production. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar audio design team is responsible for designing, recording, editing, and implementing the SFX for all Rockstar titles.
- We’re committed to creating incredibly immersive interactive audio, pushing the sonic boundaries of what’s possible in our medium.
- Creation and implementation of in-game sound effects – from raw wave asset creation through to tuning in-game behaviour and mixing, using a combination of commercial and in-house tools.
- Working closely with audio programmers to design and then refine interactive audio systems.
- Working with mission designers to understand, create, and implement audio requirements.
- Scheduling and tracking of their own work, and co-ordinating their work with other members of the audio team.
- Mentoring and development of junior audio designers.
- Assisting with preparation, execution, and editing of recording sessions, e.g. vehicle engines, foley, ambience.
- Expert knowledge of popular DAW packages such as Pro Tools or REAPER.
- Detailed commercial experience using interactive audio middleware such as Wwise or FMOD.
- Understanding of technical limitations and trade-offs, and an interest in exploring the potential of new audio technology to creatively solve problems.
- Ability to create and tune extremely high-quality audio assets from scratch, to a creative brief.
- Understanding of modular synthesis and other procedural audio techniques.
- Experience using RTPCs or similar runtime interactive audio techniques.
- Understanding of environmental acoustics, and ability to create assets suitable for diverse open-world environments.
- Knowledge of recording techniques and technologies - microphones, audio recording equipment, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with our large interdisciplinary team.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working with Bug Tracking software such as Jira or Trac.
- Experience working on AAA projects.
- Experience working with ambisonics.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV, cover-letter, and showreel demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.