16 days ago
Obsidian Entertainment is seeking a creative Audio Designer to join our development team in creating our next great fantasy RPG.
Audio Designers work closely in strike teams with other developers, offering growth opportunities for leadership roles. Be involved early and influence efforts from concept to final execution.
Each audio designer has full end-to-end ownership of their content and implementation. Audio designers also contribute to multiple areas of the game via regular group design sessions. This allows everyone a chance to influence audio content in areas that may be outside of their direct tasking.
- 2-5 years of experience as an audio designer for video games and 1 shipped title
- Experience with Nuendo/Cubase or Reaper
- Experience designing, implementing, and coordinating systems with game design teams.
- Record, edit, design, and organize assets for use in a fantasy universe
- Work closely with the project audio director and strike team leads to design systems, assist production planning and integrate content
- Record relevant meeting notes and flag potential concerns and/or pertinent information back to the audio team
- Create documentation and wiki tutorials related to system designs when necessary
- Contribute recordings and design elements to a custom Soundminer library, integrating new source into databases and applying metadata
- Intimate knowledge integrating audio into Unreal Engine 4 using middleware integrations like Wwise
- Comfortable troubleshooting and optimizing audio resources without frequent code support or intervention
- Familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Post production experience in other media such as television or film
- A college degree or equivalent in audio related studies
- Well-developed skills receiving and giving constructive feedback that elevates one another’s work
- Excited to learn new tools and technology as part of the larger Microsoft organization
- Development experience with RPGs and a love for the RPG genre
- A web portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in sound design
- Portfolios showing recording/design workflow and implementation ingenuity
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.