1 month ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles, our 27-year history has set us uniquely up for a journey to the harsh planet of Dune.
Funcom is currently working on pre-production of a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment as well as in the ongoing development and maintenance of our released survival game Conan Exiles.
Now, our team in the Nordic region needs an Audio Designer to help create compelling and immersive content together with the rest of the audio and dev teams! In this role, you will be tasked with creating, designing and editing enhancing, high quality audio content and in-game implementation in accordance with each project’s design goals.
As successful Audio Designer in Funcom has not only an excellent ear for details and a strong creative drive, but also well-rounded experience in all aspects of audio design and production.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 3+ years of experience as an Audio Designer in game development
- At least one shipped AAA title as Audio Designer or involvement in a minimum of 2 complete project cycles as a professional sound designer in the industry
- A portfolio/showreel of high-quality creative audio design and implementation samples
- Proficiency with Audiokinetic’s Wwise and advanced experience with standard audio software such as Nuendo, REAPER, Pro Tools and Izotope
- General understanding of Unreal Engine.
- Solid recording skills for SFX and Foley in studio and external environments
- Good knowledge of audio implementation for online games and surround mixing techniques
About the Company
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from close to 30 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!