Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
Moonshot is looking for a talented and passionate Audio Designer! From the expanse of ambient environmental audio to snappy conversation and soaring music, you will define the sonic voice for our first game. Your commitment to capturing the nuances of creature sound will say as much about their personalities as their posture, expressions and garb. Finally, your dedication to establishing a dynamic feel and mood will breathe life into a brand new universe!
As Moonshot’s audio designer, you will collaborate closely with other disciplines in a small team environment. Your creative voice (and ears!) will establish the audio direction for a new IP and a workflow that unlocks the creative potential for all involved. You will also be a key contributor in establishing strong and meaningful values that will lay the foundation for our studio culture in the years to come.
What You Will Do
- Create, implement, direct, and manage all aspects of the soundscape of the game
- Establish the audio vibe and tone for a new universe
- Partner with designers, artists, and engineers to define and improve our audio pipelines and opportunities
- Direct, guide, and mentor internal or external partners for sound, music, and VO
What We Need
- Ability to create immersive audio gaming experiences and a passion around the state-of-the-art in recent game audio development
- Experience with audio scripting, mixing, dialog editing, foley, and a solid understanding of traditional and emerging sound formats and best practices
- Experience in the evaluation of audio middleware solutions
- Comfort working independently and taking ownership of all aspects of audio to achieve great results
- Experience shipping AAA game titles as an in-game sound designer
- Experienced with the Unreal 4 Engine
- Prolific experience with audio middleware technologies such as Audiokinetic Wwise or FMOD
Please provide a resume, demo reel, and cover letter when you apply
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice