29 days ago
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a creative and talented audio designer to join our team. We are deeply passionate about audio, in every way. From sound effects, to speech, to music, we love how such a small piece of the overall work can have such a huge impact on the ability for our games to stir your soul.
- Sound design and implementation of project assets.
- Working with audio director to establish creative and technical goals.
- Identifying ‘pain-points’ in the implementation process and proposing solutions.
- Quality control review for the project's audio (pre-CQC) on all applicable platforms.
- Monitor deliverable progress, manage assigned scope and requested changes, meet commitments
- 5+ years game audio experience
- At least one shipped AAA game product (PC or console)
- Exceptional game audio implementation skills with multiple toolsets (Wwise, Fmod, etc.)
- Extraordinary sound design with a proven understanding of dynamics, timing, and emotion.
- Proven capability to work on multidisciplinary project teams, able to handle changing priorities throughout a product life cycle
- Effective communication skills across all levels and disciplines
- Multi-platform (PC/Console) shipped product experienceExperience with programming and/or visual scripting such as Max/MSP, PureData, Csound, Unreal 4 BlueprintsHigh-level understanding of programming concepts
- Experience playing RTS games such as Starcraft and Company of Heroes, as well as MOBAs like League of Legends.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.