Audio Designer (Temporary)
15 days ago
AUDIO DESIGNER (Temporary)
2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 25+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label. The studio is a fun, dedicated family of incredibly hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
What We Need
Cat Daddy Games is looking for an experienced video game Audio Designer to help us create new and exciting content for our mobile game titles. Working closely with the Audio Lead, you will have the opportunity to work in sound design as well as music composition.
What You Will Do
- Work with the audio lead to determine audio asset needs.
- Have ownership of certain project tasks, working autonomously as needed.
- SFX design and creation from libraries or foley.
- Sound and Music asset implementation using proprietary tools.
- Compose and record music for multiple genres. Primarily using in the box solutions for recording.
- Contribute creatively and technically to defining a game's experience.
- Work on project files shared by other developers.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- 2+ years of experience in game audio development.
- Mobile game experience is a plus!
- Audio degree preferred but not required.
- Shipped at least 2 video game titles on any platform.
- Experience in creating sound assets for games.
- Understanding of Console and mobile audio capabilities.
- Excellent teammate with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Familiarity with QA processes and bug tracking
- Proficiency in digital audio workstations (Sound Forge, Pro Tools, Studio One, Logic)
- Experience working with Perforce, game audio implementation middleware (FMOD, Wwise), and / or the Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Hard-working and self-driven individual who takes pride in their work
- Adaptable, willingness to adjust as necessary to meet project timelines
- To be considered applicants must submit a current reel.
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request accommodation. By clicking on the link below, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion.
If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice. I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two.
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $ $28.85 and $43.27 per hour. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to medical insurance. Employees will also receive 10 paid sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.