Audio Artist II - Technical Sound Designer
13 days ago
Audio Artist II – Technical Sound Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
Create Audio is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Audio Artist with technical proficiency who can make an immediate contribution to our team. You will have experience in audio logic systems, visual scripting, and implementation. You will report to the Development Manager and work with the Audio leads and have an intermediate understanding of game development. You will have a technical background, a passion for video games, and an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience.
- Create quality audio for video games
- Gather and verify content for the creative and the functions in technical design
- Submit final audio files on or before required deadlines
- Tune interactive elements regarding audio inside of the game engine
- Quality control of work to expected standards and targets for project(s)
- Advocate and help design audio pipeline features and workflow processes
- Audio post-production for in-game video content
- Assets Management (Editing, naming and file organization)
- 3+ years game/audio experience
- Sound knowledge of modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one major DAW (ProTools, Nuendo, Live, Reaper)
- Have experience with visual programming language for audio (Unreal Blueprints, Max/MSP, PureData)
- Experience with some game development tools such as Perforce, Jira, Devtrack
- Experience with cinematics and gameplay captures (OBS)
- Document and summarise audio systems to the dev team collaborators
- Sound artistic and creative sensibilities
- Experience with console development such as PS5 / Xbox / Switch
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Knowledge of soccer leagues, teams and rules
- Experience with relational databases (MS Access)
- Scripting or programming knowledge used to automate tasks (Python, Batch scripts)