Audience Platform Data Engineering Intern
4 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), data is a critical business asset that facilitates
business operations, empowers decision making, and provides vital insights into
improvement and innovation of PlayStation products and services.
The Audience Platform team provides an in-house customer data platform supporting
multiple teams across SIE. We are responsible for allowing our end-users to build
rule-based groups of users to be used for marketing campaigns, promotions, etc. Our
team works with a variety of teams to integrate their data into our platform and
represent that data as attributes to build the aforementioned rule-based groups of users.
Tech Stack: Scala, Java, Kotlin, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Databricks, Snowflake,
DynamoDB, S3, Github, Kafka, Grafana
● Build/Enhance ETL jobs that are vital to the Audience Platform being operational
& up to date
● Tackle scalability issues with innovative technologies
● Understand the existing processes and share recommendations on process
● Participate in product roadmap discussions and identify key areas for
improvement in the platform
● Be an advocate for technical excellence and data quality
● Projected to graduate in 2024, pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer
● Broad understanding of database concepts and proficiency in at least one of the
following programming languages - Scala, Java, Kotlin
● Strong foundation in data engineering, data structures and software design
● Experience with Spark or Flink is a plus
● Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership for your work
● Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.