Audience Insights Lead
17 days ago
Are you a self-driven Audience Insights Lead up for bringing greater understanding about our players, their motivations & entertainment habits? Ready to join one of Europe's fastest growing game companies?
If yes, Metacore could be the right place for you
We are a Helsinki-based game company best known for our hit game Merge Mansion and our people-first company culture. Built on trust, our culture allows us to work autonomously, efficiently, and ambitiously. We have mutually agreed on five cultural norms to describe how we build trust and work as Metacore – you can find them here.
Our company’s mission is to entertain hundreds of millions of people for decades. Although we already entertain 35,000,000+ players worldwide and have grown into a team of 100+ game industry professionals in less than two years, we’re only getting started. That’s where we hope you come in: to take ownership of our research activities to drive a greater understanding of our players and what differentiates various games and audiences. As the first Audience Insight Lead at Metacore, you will also get to define the best way to scale our capabilities to keep learning more and more about our fast-expanding audience.
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
- Relocation: Relocating to Finland expected, full support provided
- Remote work: Hybrid model of office and remote work
- Start date: Flexible, ideally as soon as possible
- Working language: English
Audience Insights Lead plays a key role in designing and implementing research activities to drive a greater understanding of our players’ motivations, needs, entertainment habits and games discovery habits. In practice, this means (at least) the following:
- Translating business questions into analytical research projects, and developing the tools and processes to inform strategic business decisions
- Leading end-to-end quantitative and qualitative research studies (i.e. customer satisfaction surveys and positioning research) to support a number of cross-functional teams, including Game Design, Marketing, UX Design and Product Management
- Building and maintaining good research relationships with external vendors
- Discovering and gathering player insights from multiple sources, such as external research, in-game surveys and industry reports to name a few
- Acting as an Insight consultant and working together with team members to create an Insights agenda for Marketing and different Game teams
Every role is eventually shaped to match our unique passions, backgrounds and strengths. Here are some of the key skills and experience you should already have when joining Metacore as a Audience Insights Lead:
- 5+ years of industry experience conducting research in the mobile gaming space or a related field
- Strong analytical skills – you have expertise in Excel and SQL, and preferably some experience in data visualization and partnering with data scientists too
- Eagerness to discover new insights and learn research skill-sets
- Previous experience in designing and executing a variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Proven track record of working together with research vendors on various projects
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize and work independently
- Excellent communicator, both in writing and speaking, with strong interpersonal skills
In addition to these, it would be nice but not mandatory for you to have these as well:
- Experience in designing and conducting usability research/playtests
- Experience in researching media habits
- Deep understanding of media culture and trends
Sounds about right? Then let’s talk!
Our company is formed by great teams and individuals. Together, we work rather as Metacore than for Metacore – aiming for the same goal of entertaining our audience with world-class mobile games. As Metacore, we’re much more than the sum of our skills, experiences and knowledge.
Our culture is based on uncompromised trust, which allows us to work autonomously, efficiently and ambitiously. We have mutually agreed on five cultural norms to build trust and work as Metacore. If you agree on them too, the chances are that you would enjoy working with us.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.