Audience Business Analyst
21 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Audience Business Analyst
San Mateo, CA
In this role you will be an analyst on SIE Global Marketing Technology team. As a part of the Audience, Infrastructure, and Measurement (AIM) team, you will play a vital role in shaping and evolving the way we communicate with our consumers. AIM Analysts have a wide range of skills from SQL experts and audience strategists to attribution modeling. While AIM analysts have clear areas of expertise, every member of the team has the opportunity to learn and grow new skills outside of their specialty by contributing to all areas of AIM.
We are looking to fill a new Audience Business Analyst role on the AIM team, specializing in audience operations and activation. You will further enable our global marketing organization to use our first party data to put the customer first in all of our marketing communication. Together as gamer and customer experience advocates, we can show how PlayStation is truly the Best Place to Play!
- Collaborate with marketing and agency partners across all marketing regions as the subject matter expert on our ecosystem of data to create custom segments and support campaign executions
- Perform analysis and create insightful dashboards that use data visualizations to inform the business and our partners on our operational capacity
- Advise partners on campaigns, using data-based insights from AIM, marketing analytics, data science models, and consumer research
- Work as part of our AIM SCRUM team to deliver value to audience activation, while also analyzing and employing operational optimizations that bring our operations to scale across all of our owned and paid marketing channels
- Run ad-hoc and scheduled customer lists to power PlayStation’s digital marketing channels globally
- Ensure the efficient and successful delivery of all customer segments to global marketing platforms
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse group of established partners including marketing, technical teams, and agencies across different regions and cultures
- Experience with working with a variety of marketing platforms and channels, including but not limited to email, paid media, and custom tools
- Experience working with martech/adtech platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, DMPs, Publisher and Social Partners, etc)
- Executed analysis projects related to lifecycle marketing, targeting segmentation strategies, cohort analysis and tracking, churn prevention, A/B and multivariate tests, and reporting dashboard design and development
- SQL programming experience required
- 3 years’ experience working with relational databases
- 5 years' marketing operations experience
- BA/BS degree
- Well spoken with strong presentation-making skills that effectively present data in a compelling way, both verbal and written, to influence partner strategy
- Demonstrates understanding of analytical approaches—can set up clean testing frameworks for clear and meaningful measurement reporting downstream
- Passionate about gaming and video game culture
- Experienced with BI visualization tools such as Tableau or Microstrategy
- You are an analytical problem solver who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment and excel under pressure, with experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude and even a sense of humor!
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves to take on tasks with the team
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$101,200 — $151,800 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.