19 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
We are looking for an Attorney with gaming and intellectual property licensing experience to support our digital games teams, including Invoke Studios (Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance) and Find Your Fun (World of Peppa Pig). In this role, you will counsel and support to studio leadership, ensure legal compliance, and advise on product development. You will negotiate deals, support content review, and play a key role in delivering digital expressions of some of the most well-known gaming IPs in the world! Come join our team! This position can be based in either Renton, WA, or Montreal, QC.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide legal counsel on various matters, including intellectual property, licensing, contracts, and regulatory compliance.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of agreements, including but not limited to development agreements, licensing agreements, publishing agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Advise on legal issues related to the development, distribution, and marketing of video games, including ESRB and PEGI ratings, data privacy, and consumer protection.
- Stay up-to-date on industry-related legal developments and counsel the organization on potential risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as game development, marketing, and human resources, to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Educate and train client teams on relevant legal issues.
What You’ll Bring:
- Juris Doctor degree (or equivalent) from an accredited law school; Active bar membership in good standing with at least one state or provincial bar.
- Minimum of 3 years of legal experience in the video game industry or a related field, with a strong understanding of intellectual property, contract law, and regulatory landscape.
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills, with ability to explain complex legal concepts to non-lawyers.
- Growth mindset and passion for emerging technology, gaming, and the regulatory aspects of those industries (including data privacy, technology transactions, and consumer laws).
- Creative, business-friendly approach to problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as collaborate with teams across the organization.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects and a diverse workload.
- Proficiency in English required;
- For candidates based in Québec, proficiency in French is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$118,080 — $194,160 USD