Associate User Researcher
9 days ago
Job Title:Associate User Researcher
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™, and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging, and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure, and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented, and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us and make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com, or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
As an Associate User Researcher, you will join an energetic, passionate, and diverse team to assist with carrying out user research on some of the world’s best-known franchises. This role will be expected to work onsite at the Activision User Research Center (AURC), currently located in Woodland Hills California but relocating to Sherman Oaks California in 2023. In this role, you’ll collaborate with studio partners and support or lead onsite or remote data collection efforts, analysis, and report generation. By the end of your first year, you’ll be planning and running basic onsite and remote research studies, performing basic data cleaning and analysis, and contributing to reports and presentations to studio partners under the supervision of more experienced researchers. Supporting other researchers by providing quantitative expertise and building and analyzing models to derive new insights to share with devs and teammates.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assist with the execution of user-tests including setup, breakdown, game review, intake/outtake of participants, recording/reporting of the players' experiences, and other research related activities
- Regularly run selected research studies
- Craft and edit reports and surveys as required
- Support senior research staff across multiple projects including post-study analysis, and partaking in, and the preparation of, presentations to key partners
- Provide design suggestions based on observation, research, and expertise
- Assist in troubleshooting of lab equipment including video game consoles, laptops, phones, and video game streaming software
- Support in the training and task assignment of junior staff as needed
- Maintain cleanliness of the lab and equipment
- At least one year of experience conducting user research for mobile video games, or two years experience conducting user testing research for websites or apps and a passion for video games
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferred branches of psychology, human-computer interaction, human factors, marketing, communications, market research, or related field)
- An understanding of, and experience with, conducting scientific studies with participants of all ages
- Good interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Must have a passion for user research and video games
- Extensive experience playing mobile shooters on iOS or Android is a plus
- Adaptable and quick learner that enjoys tackling a large variety of problems
- Extensive experience playing first person shooters is a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.