This job might no longer be available.
Associate User Experience Researcher
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate User Experience Researcher
San Mateo, CA (Headquarters)
Sony Interactive Entertainment, San Mateo Studio is looking for a UX Researcher to join its Game User Research team. This is an exceptional opportunity to join PlayStation, support our Worldwide Studios game teams and research their intended player experiences. As the successful candidate, you will collaborate with the development teams responsible for curating exceptional player experiences across titles like Uncharted, Spiderman, Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, and The Last of Us. Using our internal research facility and the latest game research methods, you will gather insights to help improve the quality and consumer relevance of our games. You will contribute to custom research plans, collaborate with multiple stakeholders, and mentor junior research staff. You will organize, co-ordinate, conduct, and deliver research insights for our product testing efforts. You have an expressed interest or passion for video games and enjoy applying scientific method to help deconstruct the player experience.
- The Associate User Experience Researcher is responsible for scoping projects, conducting
- research, and reporting research insights.
- Collaborate with game developers to effectively fit high impact user feedback into their
- development processes
- Collaborate with the UX Research Manager and team to provide the highest quality research
- across numerous, simultaneous top-priority game projects
- Collect and identify stakeholder requirements; production, development, design and research
- Plan, organize and moderate user research sessions
- Collate and analyze results, and identify actionable insights
- Prepare and effectively communicate bespoke reporting deliverables
- Work with teams to create and track post-test action plans
- Support senior staff to refine research techniques, processes, and overall philosophy
- This opportunity would suit someone with a usability, user centered design, or human factors
- research background. The ideal candidate will have a degree in an analytic field that focuses on
- people and/or product development such as Psychology, Cognitive Science, or Human Factors.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to quality, be organized, analytical, methodical, and have an interest in improving player experiences and overall quality through user research.
- Proven methodological skills including expert review, usability testing, playtesting, survey design, text & verbal analysis, and observational fieldwork.
- Proven competency with descriptive and analytical statistical techniques/tools such as telemetry, SPSS, R, regression and ANOVA
- Organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Comfortable interacting and communicating with stakeholders of different backgrounds and Strong verbal, numerical and written communication skills required; presenting information concisely and effectively to people at all levels of the organization is critical.
- Strong negotiation skills are important and must work well with cross-functional teams, including producers, engineers, artists and designers.
- Must be forward thinking and actively maintain an interest in your field; keeping up-to-date with developing tools and techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, HCI, Human Factors Engineering, or related field 1-2 years practical experience developing study designs, testing, analyzing, reporting, and presenting findings
- Master’s Degree/PhD in Psychology, Cognitive Science, HCI, Human Factors Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years practical experience developing study designs, testing, analyzing, reporting, and presenting findings
- Must have a passion and interest in videogames across a wide variety of genres with an innatecuriosity for understanding player motivations and behaviors.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.