Associate UX/UI Designer (Temporary) - Sledgehammer Games
Foster City California 94404 United States of America
13 days ago
Job Title:Associate UX/UI Designer (Temporary) - Sledgehammer Games
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty ® : Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty ® : Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty ® : WWII . Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As an Associate UX/UI Designer you will be working on overall user experience of the game in all aspects and phases of production. You will be providing UX, UI and Interaction design and documentation for various aspects of the game, UI Design system, and be a part of implementation. We value a culture of collaboration and are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile UI designer to join our team in the San Francisco Bay area. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking gameplay with a proven team, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of a functioning, iterative UI pipeline, in collaboration with team members from other disciplines.
- Create UI layout, script functionality, and animate UI features.
- Create and/or integrate assets and test functionality of UI widgets.
- Work closely with our UI/UX Lead, and other UI/UX Designers, Artists and Engineers on Implementing UI components.
- Have a passion for games
- One plus years of practical work experience in UI/UX field
- Passionate and knowledgeable about UI and UX
- Experience with scripting languages (Lua, ActionScript, C#, Python).
- Strong proficiency Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Solid understanding of the UX Field
- Basic knowledge of LUA or any other scripting language
- Basic skills in 2D animation
- A Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Takes and understands direction and feedback well to meet deadlines
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Experience Design, Game Design, or similar discipline
- Proficiency in Visual Design
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience in Console/PC games
- Contributed to a shipped title
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.