Associate Tools Engineer
3 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
We’re seeking a Tools Engineer for our Novato, CA location. Most of the tools are written in C# using WPF with the NBA 2K game engine used for rendering. This role will report into the Lead Software Engineer.
What You Will Do:
- Develop deep, high-quality interactive tools used by all teams of game development for the creation, visualization, integration, release and testing of game content
- Focus on developing and maintaining custom tools to support our art team in their development of NBA 2K’s environments, graphical user interface, animations, and characters
- Diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Working directly with our art team to improve the tools that they use by adding new features
- User interface design, as well as C# and C++ coding will be important parts of your daily work
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 1year of proven experience
- Strong C++ & C# skills
- Able to write clean, bug free, well-documented and efficient code
- Experience in art and/or artist tools development
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with WPF a plus
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.