Associate Technology Producer
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
11 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in
As an Associate Technical Producer, you will encouraged develop an understanding of the products within your domain, orchestrate various agile SDLCs for multiple product teams, and assist/support product owners in feature prioritization, tradeoffs, and other business decisions. You will also serve as a Scrum Master. You will often assist other Producers on large projects and be asked to lead small or medium sized projects on your own. You will also be expected to identify gaps and/or opportunities in our business and present them to leadership for future consideration.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and expertise in driving successful execution for one or more enterprise software projects through cross-functional management of multi-disciplinary teams who are focused on delivering amazing customer experiences on-time and within budget.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee product development of a Product Owner's vision
- Capture, analyze, and document business and technical requirements to support the design and development of technology or process solutions
- Clearly define and communicate targeted functional solutions through functional design specifications
- Coordinate and execute a synchronized production schedule of utilizing local teams, offshore vendors, and cross-team collaboration
- Identify, evaluate, and communicate any impact process, application, or infrastructure changes may have on a project's deliverables or timeline
- Lead multiple platform teams through Agile SDLC processes
- Lead all Scrum ceremonies - Planning, Grooming, Demos, and Retrospectives
- Encourage a team culture which identifies and removes impediments
- Facilitate team discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist the Product Owner in their tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure process improvement of the team
- Analyze existing processes and lead continuous process improvement to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance, or other methods
- Research and help implement technology processes, procedures and documentation standards to ensure audit compliance with internal Technology and Corporate IT regulations
- Facilitate ongoing development of other team members through ongoing mentorship
- Share skills, knowledge, and expertise by taking a personal interest in the mentor/mentee relationship
- Provide guidance and constructive feedback to promote honest and genuine discussion
- Set short and long-term goals which are measurable and attainable
- Celebrate the triumphs and recover from setbacks together with the mentee
- Champion organization's success through coordination and leadership
- Lead communication between business teams, product development, and technology
- Interface across organization levels with local and international business customers, technical resources, and external vendors.
- Support the development of less-experienced peers through coaching and mentoring
- Support team collaboration and community through team building and process improvement efforts
What You'll Bring:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A full knowledge of SDLC processes and best practices
- Experience in Agile project management and iterative technology development
- A proven track record of product delivery in fast paced environments
- A proactive approach to new creative opportunities
- 3 years of industry experience
- The ability to inspire technology teams to consistently deliver high quality work
- An in-depth understanding of both technical and creative processes
- BA or BS preferred or equivalent years of work experience
- Highly capable with requirements analysis, software development, cloud native technologies, client engineering platforms, DevOps, quality assurance, and live operations.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .