This job might no longer be available.
Associate Technical Support
London, United Kingdom
7 months ago
About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, H alo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
Responsibilities at a Glance:
- Provide high quality, responsive and consistent resolutions to IT Incidents (1st and 2nd Line support). Diagnose technical issues. Fault finding and escalating where necessary.
- Take ownership of incidents throughout their lifecycle, ensuring timely completion within designated SLA’s.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work under your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Effectively utilize own time to ensure deadlines are adhered too.
- Improve systems by collating client feedback and making the wider IT function aware of any potential improvements.
- Monitor tickets, suggest improvements to improve first-time fix.
- Creative problem-solving.
- Quality control. Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An approachable manner.
- Experience playing computer games, and a keen interest in video games software/hardware.
- Some hardware knowledge (able to build, diagnose, and repair PCs)
- Self-motivation with a can-do attitude to duties and unexpected tasks.
- Remain calm, efficient and productive under pressure, especially with time-critical tasks at short notice
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team, building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrable experience using client operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 10, Apple OSX.
- Demonstrable experience using Office productivity tools: Office 2010-2016, Office 365.
- Methodical troubleshooting skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a helpdesk or 1 st /2 nd line support environment.
- Fanatical knowledge of PC Gaming hardware including peripherals, hardware and drivers.
- Excellent customer-facing skills
- Technical ability to fault find and troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Basic knowledge of networking.
- Any experience of the following an advantage:
- Active Directory
- Service desk software
- Exposure to Apple Mac products and OSX
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke, and our weekly Friday get-togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.
Find out more on our Studio page .