This job might no longer be available.
Associate Technical Project Manager
2 months ago
Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves.Our juggernaut mobile games like Solitaire, FreeCell and Spider were present on Day 1 of the App Stores and have only continued to grow. We recently topped over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games and are hungry to continue finding new avenues for growth.
We have been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Most recently, Built In LA named us 2021's Best Midsize Companies to Work For. Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Jigsaw Puzzle and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our mission is to bring JOY to others one game at a time.
As an Associate Technical Project Manager in the Project Management team, you will have an opportunity to help lead cross-functional teams focused on building the core systems and services that power our games. Your initial responsibilities will include working closely with the Monetization group on various ad technology projects such as our proprietary ad serving platform and app cross promotion solutions. Additionally, there may be future opportunities in data analysis projects, marketing technology projects, compliance systems and other shared services.
We are looking for a highly versatile, organized and talented project manager with the ability to communicate effectively with both stakeholders and engineering teams alike.
This role will report to the Senior Technical Project Manager.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in the management of all aspects of cross-functional monetization projects under agile methodology, using tools such as Jira, Confluence and MS Project
- Coordinate schedule of activities related to the project including all Agile ceremonies, stakeholder meetings, and other meetings needed to facilitate the progression of the project
- Work with product and engineering teams to define, estimate and implement features
- Track project progress against overall objectives
- Work with more senior project managers to create and track documentation such as project plans, team decisions and outstanding issues, risk assessments and mitigation strategies
- Establish effective, trusted communication with team members and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate skilled problem-solving capabilities to determine solutions and options to resolve problems
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working with engineering teams or an individual with a technical background looking to transition to project management
- Prior experience working in an agile Scrum environment, especially through a full software development lifecycle
- Willingness to wear multiple functional hats as needed (e.g. assist with business analysis, testing, etc)
- Prefer bachelor’s in business or technical field
- A highly organized individual with a strong attention to detail that maintains the quality of all project documents / data to assure the integrity of a project.
- At least 1-2+ years of relevant work experience (in a development/technical role or Project Management role)
- A self-motivating individual with the ability to multitask and be flexible to changing project needs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Nice to Have
- Experience with the Atlassian suite (especially Jira), MS Project or other project management tools
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (including PMI ACP)
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility