Associate Technical Director
10 days ago
Job Title:Associate Technical Director
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Associate Technical Director to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making the actual card-playing gameplay of Hearthstone be the best that it can be.
This position’s primary responsibility will be to provide technical mentorship and guidance for the team of engineers that supports Hearthstone. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance for the team of engineers, in conjunction with the Technical Director.
- Guide and grow the team of Hearthstone engineering leads into successful managers.
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish engineering tasks and manage schedule requirements.
- Work with the Technical Director to establish, promote and apply the core values of the Hearthstone engineering team.
- Represent the engineering team in regular Management and Business-review meetings.
- Review completed engineering tasks in collaboration with the production staff and other leads.
- Participate in a regular (3 times a year) week-long rotation as company Duty Manager, helping to oversee the resolution of live operational incidents across the company.
- Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone’s design and be an active player.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in programming software.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience creating game software.
- Significant leadership experience managing engineers.
- Strong, proven C++ and C# skills. Shipped at least one professional game in one of those languages.
- Hands-on expertise in one or more of the following areas: Gameplay, Server/Networking, Mobile Platforms, Unity, Game Development Tools, and Support.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- Experience with extending and improving an established codebase.
- Some familiarity with Hearthstone.
- Previous experience supporting and shipping AAA game titles.
- Previous experience mentoring and growing managers.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Previous experience developing card games or other turn-based strategy titles.
- iOS and/or Android development experience.
- Experience developing on the Unity platform.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.