Associate Technical Director, Gameplay
2 months ago
People make games great. And at Survios, we know we can’t grow from an acclaimed VR studio to the world’s premier game developer and publisher without them. That’s why our most valuable investments aren’t in the next-generation technology we use to make our games or the swanky new HQ we’re building in Marina Del Rey, but in creating a hybrid workplace that seeks out talent across the globe, nurtures its people, and encourages fun. A workplace where every team member knows they’re respected and cared for. If you want to join a passionate team of developers driving toward the future of immersive gaming, we’d love to hear from you! Survios currently has an opening for a talented Associate Technical Director, Gameplay , working with Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates should be motivated to guide and mentor a team engaged in interdisciplinary workgroups. They should bring a strong understanding of gameplay development to the table and be excited about helping team members identify and scope solutions to fulfill product vision. Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems and associated tools.
The ideal candidate has experience leading development on a large cutting-edge code base and has the ability to architect and implement critical game components. The role requires prior experience developing for modern game systems such as PS4, Xbox One or Windows.
- Work with the Lead Designer to understand, scope, and execute gameplay vision.
- Design, architect, implement, and maintain gameplay systems.
- Create or improve tools as necessary to empower content creators.
- Profile, analyze, and optimize systems on all applicable platforms.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game development.
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their capabilities and productivity.
- Manage technical risks for gameplay.
- 8+ years of experience in the creation and delivery of state-of-the-art, performance-minded AAA console or PC games with two in-game credits required.
- Experience working with team leads to develop project structures, best practices, programming workflows and project scheduling.
- Solid working knowledge of all technical aspects of gameplay, facilitating the leadership of programmers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Proficiency with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to mentor junior programmers and help with their career growth.
- Hands-on experience developing for Unreal Engine 4, PS4 and Xbox One.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Experience with real-time physics, animation, and inverse kinematics.
- Experience with the technical challenges unique to active Virtual Reality game development.
Survios is an award-winning game studio that takes a holistic approach to development, merging our hardware, software, and games expertise to create unbelievable immersive game experiences. As we expand our focus from VR-Only to create games across all PC and Console platforms, we’re dedicated to leveraging our passion, expertise, and creativity to develop and publish the next generation of groundbreaking and immersive video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.