Associate Technical Designer
20 days ago
Red Storm Entertainment is seeking an Associate Technical Designer to join our AAA development team. The TD acts as a solution finder and liaison between designers and other disciplines. They help shape the architecture for new game systems; as well as create and implement the more complex technical design elements into the game. Equally, they advocate and shape production efficiency and product quality, primarily for system development and world creation.
- Complete clearly outlined tasks in a timely manner
- Reproduce and debug issues
- Learn from and reproduce work completed by other technical designers
- Develop an area of proficiency and constantly learn
- Clearly document and communicate system implementation and workflow processes to the team
- Observe and contribute to design discussions
- Participate and contribute quality feedback in playtests
- Help test new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team and throughout production
- Help provide technical support on the tools and engine
- Proactive self-starter
- 3+ years of technical design experience with at least two shipped games or equivalent experiences
- Relevant scripting experience with such as visual scripting, python, or C#
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A passion for shipping high quality games
- Strong work ethic, punctual, thorough, and detailed
- Effective, tactful communicator with a positive attitude
- Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents.
- Paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan with match.
- New hires start with 3 weeks of vacation annually, increasing to a cap of 5 weeks based on years of service along with 3 additional weeks of wellness time.
- 10 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day).
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Body-Mind-Soul monthly reimbursement program for eligible activities.
- Strong, incentivized, employee referral program.
- Flexible work schedule.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.