This job might no longer be available.
Associate Technical Designer - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
26 days ago
Job Title:Associate Technical Designer - Diablo IV | Albany, NY or Irvine, CA
The minions of Hell grow stronger!
Are you aspiring Technical Designer? Come Work with us on Diablo IV and help us create something extraordinary.
While our backgrounds are varied, we all share a passion for what we do. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo IV team!
The Diablo IV team is looking for an Associate Technical Designer with a passion for improving pipelines and workflows, a commitment to learning, a collaborative attitude, and the desire to inquire “how can we make it better?”
As an Associate Technical Designer, you provide technical and creative support to the Diablo IV team by helping facilitate the efficient creation of clean and performant content. As an advocate for developer workflows, you collaborate with multiple disciplines to come up with the best solution for difficult problems and champion the process throughout.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA.
- Cultivate and maintain collaborative relationships across all disciplines
- Champion workflow improvements
- Analyze existing workflows and tools to determine necessary improvements
- Work with engineering to request and refine workflow and tool changes
- Serve as a technical point of contact for content reviews, standards, and best practices
- Diagnose, debug, and fix content issues
- Create content and help design gameplay systems
- 1+ years working in a game engine with an emphasis in Technical Design implementation
- Contributed to content in multiple design areas (levels, systems, encounters, UI, etc.)
- Experience in pipeline development and process improvement
- Experience in scripting or programming game content
Knowledge & Skills
- Deep understanding of design workflows in multiple game editors
- Ability to create design documents for tools and game systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for cross discipline collaboration
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
- Experience creating content for online multiplayer RPG games
- Previous design experience for ARPG / Open World / Multiplayer games
- Previous experience training developers on new practices
Knowledge & Skills
- Authoring game content using the Lua scripting language
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values
- Specific knowledge of the dark fantasy world of the Diablo franchise
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter, including
- Why you are interested in technical design
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with Diablo or other Action-RPGs
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $24.04 - $44.47 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.