This job might no longer be available.
Associate Technical Artist
22 days ago
Technical Artist – Rigging
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Rigging team creates systems to support character and vehicle animation by developing body and facial rigging systems, animation interfaces and by supporting animators with technical setup and production.
- Reporting to the Rigging Project lead, you will create outstanding rigging projects and assets for AAA game titles.
- You and your team will design global rigging workflows and systems with the goal of convergence and efficiency, and creating and supervising the development of varying levels of complexity skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation, and skin deformations
- Develop and maintain animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency.
- Implement techniques and process to solve character, animation and deformations challenges as identified by department lead
- You will help build problem identification processes and develop solutions.
- Establish and estimate tasks.
- You and your team will work with game partners, both up and downstream while concurrently aiding in the growth of junior Riggers.
- Assist production in the maintenance of scheduling software and ensuring milestones are maintained and accomplished.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 2-5 years of technical art/rigging/animation experience with multiple shipped game titles or VFX/feature animation.
- Expert Knowledge of Python, C#, C++ and familiarity with Maya API
- Background in rigging and skinning complex assets with expert knowledge of animation principles and human anatomy.
- Experience in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini, and MotionBuilder.
- Identify issues and implement solutions.
- Degree in visual effects or technical subject area.