Associate Technical Artist - Create
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
4 days ago
Associate Technical Artist
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. They are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and content production workflows.
What the Associate Technical Artist will do:
The Associate Technical Artist is a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the Technical Art team. The main areas of responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and bring them to resolution. You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science. Associate Technical Artists report to Technical Art Directors on the EA Create Technical Art team.
- Ideally at least 2 years of cinematic/games production experience.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
- Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages: Maya/Photoshop needed. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
- A solutions-provider, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac