Associate Technical Art Director
17 days ago
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As an Associate Technical Art Director at DICE, you will assist the project Technical Art Director in tackling many different production challenges. You will support and grow the art team with guidance and direction on tech development, help create new art workflows and provide feedback to the artists, with a focus on technical execution. Helping them reach the visual targets from Art Direction while fulfilling technical requirements in technology, performance and workflows. You will report to the Studio Technical Director and help drive the technical craft forward.
- Prepare guides and presentations to the team.
- Provide technical guides and documentation to external partners.
- Manage technical consistency and maintain quantifiable quality.
- Ensure that the content performs well; performance, memory and data size.
- Research and prototype in-engine workflows and shader set ups in pre-production.
- Collaborate with engineers on new technology to reach groundbreaking visual quality.
- Review content and the game to ensure consistency, quality and compliance with performance goals.
- A senior artist having worked on multiple titles with 5 or more years experience.
- Worked as or with artists and has an expert understanding of content creation, modern workflows, 3D engines and development pipelines.
- An eye and understanding for visual quality and fidelity.
- Structured and service minded with a passion for identifying problems and finding solutions.
- Can support the TAD in mentoring and coaching of Technical Artists.
- Excellent communications skills are needed to instruct, inform and guide the whole game team towards the set goals.