Associate Systems Administrator
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
14 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented Associate Systems Administrator who possesses a passion for IT and providing first line support within a busy technology driven company. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We are a friendly, close-knit team who are part of the larger global R* IT family.
- We provide desktop hardware and software support to the studio, including installation, maintenance and purchasing.
- Our main goal is to give the highest level of service to ensure minimal downtime for the end user.
- We are process and procedure driven with an emphasis on accurate documentation.
- We work in a very fast paced environment with new challenges around every corner.
- We are always very security oriented with a drive for protecting company IP.
- We are environmentally aware ensuring we recycle all our old IT kit and printer toners.
- Provide first line technical support to a large game development team.
- Build, deploy and configure PC’s and development consoles for new/existing employees.
- Install and upgrade software using Microsoft SCCM.
- Upgrade hardware and peripherals as required by the development teams.
- Active Directory – Managing Users, Computers, Groups and OU structures.
- Maintain asset inventory, including regular physical stock checks.
- Document and maintain accurate installation and procedure guides.
- Moving IT equipment to help with studio and team re-organisation.
- Procurement of all Hardware, software, peripherals, etc.
- IT storeroom housekeeping, hardware recycling and maintain secure disposal processes.
- 1+ year of professional System Administrator or equivalent experience.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft 10 and O365.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
- Familiarity with SCCM.
- Experience with ServiceNow or some other ticketing system.
- Ability to install, upgrade and maintain PC workstation hardware.
- Ability to work well within a team and use own initiative.
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate excellent problem skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to follow instruction and processes.
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Customer service focus.
- Willing to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
- Willing to be flexible with regards to shift patterns.
- On call to cover out of hours support for the studio at busy periods.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of Linux Ubuntu and Apple OSX.
- Familiarity of PC gaming hardware.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.