This job might no longer be available.
Associate Studio Manager
19 days ago
Job Title:Associate Studio Manager
COMPANY: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
DIVISION: Founded in 1990 by brothers Brian and Steve Raffel, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise, including Call of Duty Cold War and Call of Duty Warzone. We have built a supportive, team-oriented culture dedicated to developing industry-leading talent that creates the best gaming experiences for our players. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
RESPONSIBILITIES: As the associate studio manager, you serve as the day-to-day point person for studio administration, including policies, employee engagement, and fostering Raven culture. Managing all company-wide events, this position must utilize skills including team-based interaction, project management, goal setting, and administrative support. This is a demanding, fun, and diverse role that includes a mix of administrative tasks, project coordination and creative work. Additionally, this role assists in special projects/ad hoc requests focusing on improving the Raven employee experience and studio operations. This position requires a strategic and critical thinker with an eye for detail and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will stay cool under pressure and can handle multiple projects fluidly. Relationship building and project execution will be a priority and excellent communication skills are a must.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate and handle all aspects of internal studio-wide events (e.g., guests, theme, decor, activities, entertainment, food, AV, communication and swag if needed).
- Communicate with staff during all stages of events (e.g., being the main point of contact, ensure information is current and accurate, respond to inquiries and obtain feedback).
- Manage administrative procedures for events. This includes reviewing and getting approvals for quotes and invoices; tracking all purchases, reporting details and expenses to the finance manager; and ensuring events are aligned with the established budget and deadlines.
- Working with HR, Early Careers/University relations for facilitation of Raven’s internship program.
- Delivering and continuously improving onboarding seminar for new employees. Serving as point of contact/resource on navigating Raven for new employees once transitioned from candidates to member of team.
- Championing employee engagement of Raven’s Lean In circle, Culture Committee and Way2Play program. Raising awareness for employee to increase participation and improve Raven employee experience.
- Manage gifting process for employee acknowledgments (swag, studio store, life events). Monitor and maintain both internal and external swag stock levels, arranging approvals for more stock as needed.
- Serve as point of contact for Raven’s repository of information & policies, guiding employees/managers as needed in identifying and applying best approach for policies.
- Evaluate existing workflows and create new systems to create efficiency to better support the growth and goals of Raven in sustainable manner.
- Work closely with senior management team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, and Raven policies all designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies.
- Coordinate employee programs (e.g., send out regular employee communication on upcoming activities, maintain sign ups, print schedules and add meeting invites.)
- Assisting with timecards, coordinating approval of time off requests and following up where necessary.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in a relevant industry.
- Exceedingly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines while being flexible in adjusting priorities to meet changing demands.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with clients and team members
- Exceptional detail orientation and organization skills (w/ strong sense of urgency and follow through)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills specifically in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Not afraid to “roll up your sleeves” and understand every aspect of the organization.
- ‘Can-do’ and ‘hands-on’ attitude and proactive, solution-focused individual
- Ability to remain energetic and positive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the foresight to anticipate needs, and the skills to manage potential roadblocks before they occur.
- An employee with deep integrity, a team-centered orientation, and a collaborative approach to problem solving.