This job might no longer be available.
Associate Strategy Manager, SEA
7 months ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As an Associate Strategy Manager on the Business Operations team for South East Asia (SEA), you will guide strategic analyses of diverse problems, incubate and promote special projects, achieve operational excellence, and foster progress and growth. Reporting to the Head of Business Operations and Strategy, you will be a trusted adviser, providing counsel and serving as a sounding bound to inform and, if necessary challenge decisions; applying both inside and outside perspectives. You will promote fact-based decision-making and drive strategic projects from concept to delivery. You have experience leading business case development, project management skills and the ability to partner with diverse partners.
You will join as a Singapore Rioter on the Business Operations team. Our team manages strategic advisory, special projects, finance, payments and operations across the South East Asian markets: Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau. We’re an interdisciplinary group of economists, financiers, consultants and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to drive performance and advocate for players across the region.
- Develop and incubate strategic projects that promote our performance and player value
- Build projects addressing multiple dimensions of strategy, including where to play (e.g. evaluating markets), how to succeed (e.g. go-to-market strategies), and operating models (e.g. decision-making and accountability structures)
- Drive research, analyze strategic issues, develop hypotheses and project plans
- Analyze player, game and financial data to find relevant insights; establish and refresh market sizing projections
- Provide strategic advisory and support to all other SEA teams
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and market macro shifts to be considered and evaluated to make more data informed decisions
- Create commercial insights around products through descriptive and predictive analytics, data visualization and data informed storytelling
- BA/BSc in Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting & Finance or a related discipline
- At least two years professional work experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, or in consumer insights/product strategy
- Familiar with full spectrum of business considerations (e.g. resourcing, brand perception, technical implementation, scalability, etc.)
- Advanced in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), PowerPoint and Tableau
- Interpersonal know-how with the ability to present compelling messages to executive management, clients, peers and team members
- Experience working in small but high-growth businesses
- Experienced in modeling business cases and strategic projects and driving their creation
- Fluency in Mandarin or a Southeast Asian language (e.g. Vietnamese, Thai, Bahasa, etc.)
- Experience leading complex efforts with multiple collaborators from diverse disciplines, such as engineers, marketers, designers, etc.
- Experience working in media, entertainment, consumer products, or technology
- Familiar with B2B business models and monetization frameworks
- We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games. For this position, full relocation support is provided, phone bill coverage and you will also be able to enjoy a daily food allowance.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).