This job might no longer be available.
Java Junior Software Engineer in Test - Cloud Gaming
12 days ago
We are building EA's Cloud Gaming system to run at scale. A system that is targeted to reach millions of users and provide an amazing gaming experience. With our unique technology, our amazing games, and our ability to use the Public Cloud, we will change the industry and how games are enjoyed.
What you will do
Partner and learn from our team to help ensure our games quality, user experience, and system optimization are at the highest bar. Together we will evaluate games from both UX and system interaction between hardware and software (ex: performance metrics, client/server interoperability aspects, and broader system services). As a team, you will be involved with determining a testing approach to help prevent and identify issues as early as possible.
You will report to the Senior Manager Software Engineer in Test.
- You will identify essential areas for automation opportunities
- You will develop automated tests as part of the automation squad
- You will test new games hosted on our Cloud platform
- You will manage the release process of new games/updates (timeline, reports, release notes)
- You will perform rendering and encoder quality testing
- You will write and unitize test scripts to set a quality bar
- You will evaluate both manual and automated test cases
- You will do hands-on testing
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Passionate about gaming!
- Knowledge in testing including methodologies
- Knowledge in programming languages such as Java, Python, C++, C#, or PowerShell
- Desire to work and develop automated tests
- Understand the technical structure of games and their engines
- Bachelor's degree a related discipline such as Computer Science or Software Engineering