Associate Software Engineer
Bucharest Bucharest Romania
16 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
The Quality Engineering department within the EA Sports team is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to partner with our test and development teams to create and deploy technical automation. You will debug complex problems and breathe new life into technical roadblocks, working with our test and development teams to ensure existing and new features run smoothly and work effectively . With no bug too small, you understand that creating seamless automation solutions is the key to defect prevention, not simply defect detection. You will report to the Development Director of the software engineering team, based in Bucharest, but you'll get the chance to work with all of our teams who are distributed across multiple locations.
- Experience with a scripting language is desirable (Powershell, python, bash)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to organize work
- Good communication skills (in writing and verbally)
- Some previous C# experience or desire to grow as a C# engineer
- Nice to have: A good understanding of testing methodologies/QA background
- Provide 1st tier support to partner teams in defect root cause analysis
- Set up , monitor and maintain hardware pools for running automated tests
- Report, record, escalate if needed and trace all discovered errors/bugs;
- Provide feedback and propose improvements for the automation suite
- Create and execute automated test plans for different partners;
EA is an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.