Associate Software Engineer
7 days ago
Job Posting TitleAssociate Software Engineer
SummaryWe're pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into every aspect of our business. Whether we're designing sleek new cabinets, premium game content or award-winning systems, we apply fresh thinking and creativity to deliver the world's greatest gaming experience, every day. With cool titles, such as Game of Thrones TM, Sons of Anarchy and Lightning Link along with our award-winning app Heart of Vegas, we're continually pushing the bar of creativity.
The Associate Software Engineer plays a key role in an Agile/Kanban based software development environment, creating robust platforms and innovative gaming products for current and emerging markets. The Associate Software Engineer is proficient in software development practices, producing high quality, robust, and maintainable products. This engineer has SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) experience and is expected to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
What You'll Do
- Learn and follow the Aristocrat software development process in task estimation, design, development, code reviews, unit/integration testing and defect fixing of products.
- Assist senior developers with the design of various software components, applications, and services.
- Work with senior staff to develop code that adheres to the written specifications.
- Participate in peer reviews of code design and written code as assigned.
- Document new/modified code and develop/automate unit and integration tests to verify the changes.
- Analyze existing software to debug and troubleshoot field issues that may arise.
- Participate as required in process improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For
- Experience programming on Linux or Windows platform
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to keep up with new technologies/tools, and design techniques and lead adoption of those technologies with the team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience in the following: C# (preferred) or C++
- Version control (SVN / GIT)
- Experience in network protocols a plus
- Experience in database design and development a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Preferred: At least 6 months professional software engineering experience
- Gaming or related technology experience is a plus
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Pay Rate Type: Salary
Our goal is to pay a market competitive salary focusing near the median of our pay ranges. However, final offers for all positions will be based on several factors such as experience level, education, skills, work location, and internal pay equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.