Associate Software Engineer
Sherman Oaks California 91403 United States of America
6 days ago
Job Title:Associate Software Engineer
Job Title: Associate Software Engineer
Reporting To: Sr. Director, Online Technology
Department: Central Tech, Online
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprised of seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are comprised of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
The Central Tech team is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to join us in managing the infrastructure that supports backend game servers for some of the largest multiplayer games in the world. This is a very small team with a very large responsibility!
- Design and implement new APIs for accessing the platform infrastructure
- Work with stakeholders to collect data and perform analytics
- Assist game studios in resolving server issues
- Work with hosting providers to monitor and troubleshoot hardware problems
- Databases: MySQL, ideally some MongoDB
- Security: A good understanding of network and data security best practices highly preferred
- Crypto: At least a passing familiarity with RSA, AES and other standards
- Experience developing distributed systems with high availability and scalability
- Networking: A thorough knowledge of topics such as TCP, UDP, NAT.
- Linux System Administration preferred
- Familiar with AWS, Google Cloud, other cloud providers
- Should understand automated provisioning - Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Initiative, and ability to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- UI/UX experience is a plus
- HTML/CSS is preferable
- React is a plus
- Django experience highly preferred
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.