Associate Software Engineer (Temporary)
13 days ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
As a DevOps Support Engineer on the Quality Engineering team, you will be a part of helping the studio adopt different technology improving the way we work and test our games. The Quality Technology team at BioWare is a small team that has a large impact on several games in development.
We need a capable generalist that is happy to “jump in and learn” as our portfolio encompasses a broad range of technologies, including: full-stack web development, small made for purpose tools, big data solutions and working with AI. You must be passionate about high-quality development practices and capable of developing sound technical plans that produce a meaningful impact on the business.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world.
- Integrate systems and tools into existing code bases and processes.
- Maintain tools and infrastructure to support a reliable environment.
- Develop and support technology that's aligned with our strategic goals.
- Understand standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- Communicate with all company partners on goals and strategy.
What You Bring:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Computer Science Degree, Computer Engineering Degree, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes, and Agile development methodology.
- An understanding of how to prioritize your work and adapt as circumstances change to bring the most value to our partners.
- Work with customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs – able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect.
- Preferred knowledge of gaming consoles.