Associate Software Engineer, Server Features - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
18 days ago
Team Name:Warcraft Arclight Rumble
Job Title:Associate Software Engineer, Server Features - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an enthusiastic Associate Software Engineer to join a team working on our newly announced mobile game, Warcraft Arclight Rumble. This is a backend position with the server sub-team responsible for online player features.
In this role, you will help refine existing and develop new systems and services for our game coordinating across disciplines with designers and other engineers. In addition to having strong technical skills, we are looking for qualified engineers who have a passion for gaming. The ideal candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely and iterating with designers to create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from- home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and implement server architecture
- Assist in the design and implementation server-side components in support of gameplay features
- Engineer gameplay features for performance, stability, scalability, and fault tolerant operation
- Design and deliver code that is robust, extensible, flexible and simple to use
- Champion Blizzard's core values, especially "Gameplay First"
- Experience in one or more of the following languages: C#, C++, Java, Kotlin, Scala, Rust
- Enthusiasm and a passion for mobile gaming
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written with designers and other engineers
- Desire to learn and grow as a software engineer
- Strong grasp of logic, data structures, and algorithms.
- Knowledge of client/server architecture patterns
- Database development experience (especially Cassandra and similar products)
- Knowledge of distributed messaging systems (especially Kafka and similar products)
- iOS and/or Android software development experience
- Previous Unity game-engine experience
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $30.05 - $55.59 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.