Associate Software Engineer, Gameplay - Diablo IV
19 days ago
Job Title:Associate Software Engineer, Gameplay - Diablo IV
The Diablo 4 team is seeking a talented and passionate Associate Gameplay Engineer to help shape the future of Diablo. The ideal candidate should have outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing Diablo and other games of different genres. The candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design, implement, improve, and maintain various gameplay systems
- Act as a service-oriented ambassador of engineering to the rest of the team.
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially 'Gameplay First'
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Fluent in C / C++
- Speaks “Designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous professional software engineering experience or internship
- In-depth familiarity with the Diablo franchise, and other Blizzard Entertainment products
- Experience working on various game systems, including game object management, AI / pathing, gameplay scripting, player abilities, UI, FX, database management, or online networking
- Experience playing and developing RPGs, ARPGS, and/or MMORPGS
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working with client / server game systems,
- Experience creating and supporting tools used in game development
- Experience with C#
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!