Associate Software Engineer (Contract)
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Software Engineer
Remote - USA
This is a 1-year contracted position through our staffing partner DZConneX with a high likelihood of extension.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts is looking for Associate Software Engineers to join our team! The Engineering team at PlayStation Studios Visual Arts builds tools, pipelines, and provides support for the over 200 visual effects artists creating content for AAA PlayStation games.
As a associate engineer, you will help support an array of different studio tools encompassing our production pipeline, motion-capture and facial animation systems, and tools for creating 3D game content. You will work with more senior team members to capture artist needs and design new tools. The position requires collaboration with other engineers, our project management team, our UX designer, and the different artist teams being supported.
We are looking for a highly motivated problem solver who is excited to help create amazing video gaming experiences!
- Work to design, implement, and support in-house tools and infrastructure in Python, Scala, and C++11.
- Collaborate with artists and riggers to come up with elegant, user-friendly solutions.
- Create software design documents that explore a problem space, propose solutions, and identify potential pitfalls.
- Write clear and maintainable code which conform to group standards with proper documentation.
- Triage bug reports and work with the QA Team on testing and rolling out fixes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- 0 – 4 years of development experience.
- Proficiency with the Python programming language.
- Knowledge of software methodologies including object-oriented programming and functional programming.
- Familiarity with the concepts of agile development methodology.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in visual effects or game development.
- Experience using PyQt or Pyside.
- Experience with a JVM language, preferably Scala.
- Experience working with a game engine, preferably Unreal.
- Experience with a Database system, preferably MongoDB.
- Knowledge of the API for an Autodesk DCC like Maya or MotionBuilder.
- Experience developing on Windows and Linux.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.