Associate Software Engineer | Co-op - Sep 2022 | Halo
14 days ago
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and more. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
This role is reserved for a student looking for a 4-month co-op or internship starting in September 2022.
SkyBox Labs is currently looking for a Software Engineer Co-Op student to join the Halo Infinite Team!
You will use your C++ programming skills to make meaningful contributions to Halo Forge .
This role will be both challenging and incredibly rewarding, allowing you to expand your software and game development skills while having a front-row seat to the development of one of the biggest games in the industry!
You will also have the opportunity to join in on all our learning initiatives and studio events, which will expose you to all of our game teams and give you inside knowledge into what it's like to develop games of all different scopes.
- Use C++ to work on user interface and system-level features that will provide robust workflows for our players
- Collaborate with a team to help build new game features
- Collaborate with designers, production, and software engineers to run development features
- Execute on software development tasks independently, but still know when to ask for help identify and solve performance issues
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- At least 8 months of professional experience in other co-op or internship terms, within the game development industry
- Proven fluency and experience in C++ game development (we love to see your personal projects!)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration, and constant improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- A passion for games!
- Must be nearing completion of your academics studies, with less than two semesters left before graduation
Please note, that priority will be given to upper-year students.
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity later in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.