This job might no longer be available.
Associate Software Developer in Test (C++)
Vancouver, British Columbia
3 months ago
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a strong developer for a test engineering role on a major project. Ever wanted to be able to tell anyone on the team that they've broken the build? Keep reading...
- A good understanding of Modern C++; that's what you'll be working in. If you aren't confident with the language, this job isn't for you. You'll learn plenty on the job but we need a strong start.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent post-secondary education... although if you've been successfuly doing this kind of work for some years, that's negotiable.
- Self-direction and a proven ability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment. That means the tests you wrote last week might need rewriting this week. Also we need these six other things done as soon as possible. This doesn't mean you're left on your own, far from it, but we want you to become our reliable expert in this area.
- Strong interdisciplinary collaboration skills, including verbal and written skills. You'll need to speak Artist, Designer, and Programmer.
- The ability to partition huge amounts of information, and abstract out what's important while also mastering the necessary details. You can go from zero to "knowledgeable enough" by asking the right questions of the right people.
- Good understanding of C++.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Self direction and a proven ability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong interdisciplinary collaboration skills, including verbal and written skills.
- Experience with C# and tool development.
- Experience in creation and execution of test plans, test cases and scripts
- Experience with database platforms and concepts
- Experience with automated end-to-end testing using open source test tools
- Experience with test case management tools
- Experience shipping AAA games on multiple platforms.
- Experience with Unity 3D, Unreal, or other similar full-featured game engine.
- Console / Mobile development experience.
- Strategy game development experience.
- Demonstrated passion for games and technology.
- Proven ability and interest in team leadership.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development--whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Blackbird Interactive is committed to diversity and building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.