This job might no longer be available.
Associate Social Media Marketing Manager, Diablo
12 days ago
Job Title:Associate Social Media Marketing Manager, Diablo
Blizzard has been a leader in entertainment for nearly 30 years, with millions of passionate fans globally. As our franchises expand into more realms, so too must our social reach, engagement, and conversation. We are seeking a candidate who will help lead Diablo into a new era through social media.
As the Associate Social Media Marketing Manager, Diablo, you will play a key role in overseeing the brand social strategy, engaging with players and fans, and collaborating regularly with regional and cross functional teams to lead new digital marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will have deep social media experience at an agency or on the client-side, demonstrated creative and strategic prowess, and brought to life smart and clever ideas.
In addition to knowledge of and passion for the Diablo universe, the ideal candidate will also have familiarity with other aspects of marketing such as paid media and influencers, be knowledgeable about the PC, console and mobile gaming space, and a proactive self-starter who is constantly looking to push the envelope and expand reach to new audiences.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’re currently in a work-from-home model, and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but will transition to at least a partial in-office position based out of Irvine, CA. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Support and execute the social strategy for Diablo, including, but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Twitch, and Snapchat
- Help manage production and ensure executional success among internal and external creative teams
- Bring new and big ideas to the table with a digital/ social first mindset, as well as collaboratively build on others’ concepts to deliver game engagement and build passion for the franchise
- Organize the title’s social editorial calendar, aligning key stakeholders including regional teams to ensure they are on board with global plans and are executing initiatives on strategy
- Work effectively with internal cross-functional teams including Commercial, Consumer Marketing, Growth Marketing, Public Relations, Events, and Partnerships to drive 360 campaigns
- Collaborate on social media reporting, insights, and delivery through the use of analytics tools, including Sprinklr
- Utilize learnings to inform and support the creative approach, as well as drive KPI's across platforms and campaigns
- Define and update social best practices and organize global account operation.
- Build relationships with platform, digital and external brand partners, developing and executing co-branded initiatives
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3+ years experience in social media at an agency or on the client-side as a Social Strategist or Digital Marketer
- Project management and collaboration experience in a cross-functional environment
- Self-starter mentality and track-record for clever social ideas
- A healthy understanding of audience development and growth
- Proficiency in collaborating within a large organization
- Experience in providing creative feedback for social content
- Passion for gaming, advertising, social media, and all things Diablo
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, organizational, and technology skills
- Experience working with 3rd Party agencies/partners
- Knowledge of the latest platforms and technologies and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement
- Understanding of brand strategy and ability to write persuasive POVs
- Highly organized with outstanding attention to detail
- Working knowledge of social platforms and associated analytics programs and tools like – Sprinklr