This job might no longer be available.
Associate Social Media & Community Manager
Santa Clara, California, United States
11 days ago
The Associate Social Media & Community Manager will execute social plans and tactics for BANDAI NAMCO’s video game business unit. They will work to implement best-in-class social marketing & community programs and promotions to amplify marketing campaigns for BANDAI NAMCO’s exciting portfolio of games. They will coordinate with the Brand Marketing, Public Relations, and other relevant teams to create content calendars, develop community initiatives, and participate in the evolution of our social media strategy and execution. Participating at events such as E3, PAX, Anime Expo and interacting with our fans to build lasting relationships are some of the reasons that make this role so fun.
The Community Specialist will support titles from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment’s product roster including, but not limited to, SOULCALIBUR, Tekken, Ace Combat, Dark Souls, Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Sword Art Online, etc. Knowledge and experience with these (and similar) properties and their communities are highly valued.
A This position requires close collaboration with the Production, Marketing, PR, Creative Services, and Customer Support teams internally and internationally to ensure success. Solid teamwork and communication are critical success factors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and developed social media marketing strategies for upcoming video game titles.
- Plan and develop social media & community management
- Help define and maintain the regional community management strategy including methods for engagement, moderation policies, content building, and outreach initiatives
- Establish and maintain community calendar of events that consists of daily, weekly, and /or monthly tasks
- Participate in and help develop community-facing initiatives and events including contests, offline events, show and events presence, etc.
- Develop and execute influencer strategies.
- Engage with relevant influencers to embrace organic and authentic relationships with the various brands
- Monitor discussion forums and other communication media to identify common player issues and discussion patterns. Respond to community promptly, professionally and accurately
- Prepare and filter feedback reports gathered through different channels including recommendations for games experience and content improvements
- Set goals for, track, and report on social metrics as well as helping inform on metrics’ significance
- Partner with social agencies to ensure clear communications and high-quality campaigns
- 3-4 yrs. of online community management experience (or relevant experience).
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, tools, and best-practices
- Extensive knowledge of video games, the video game industry, popular culture, anime, Japanese culture, is a plus.
- Solid experience working alongside social media & creative agencies
- Strong passion for video games, especially Japanese developed or centric games.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize campaigns, analyze metrics, realize business goals, and present results.
- Ability to speak in front of the camera; be a dynamic on-camera presenter or host
- Previous experience building and moderating online communities and providing customer service a plus.
- Technical knowledge of online community platforms, systems, and software a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO...
- Photo editing/manipulation skills (Adobe Photoshop or similar)
- Video capture and editing skills (Adobe Premiere or similar)
- Familiarity with CMS tools (Drupal, Wordpress, etc)
- Appreciation and understanding of memes
- Are familiar with various social campaigns in the video game space and can leverage social trends into practical strategies.
- Have a strong familiarity with video editing and streaming software and platforms.
- Regularly use Adobe Photoshop or other image editing software.
- Are already involved in various online or local gaming communities.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com or www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.