This job might no longer be available.
Associate Resource Manager
14 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres .
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
And we want you to join us. We’re hiring an Associate Resource Manager.
You will be a part of EA’s Customer Experience organization. The Customer Experience organization strives to make EA known for taking care of its players. We’re players taking care of players and people talking to people – whenever, wherever, and however they need us.
This is an individual contributor role supporting WWCE from the Business Execution Partner team. We are looking for someone who can successfully lead projects, drive process, and look for ways to continually improve the organization . You will report to the Director of Business Execution Partners for Worldwide Customer Experience.
Designation: Associate Resource Manager
Resource Management Framework
- Support Resource Manager lead the adoption of a new resource management framework and optimize the process in collaboration with stakeholders
- Work to help identify the right capacity model to leverage for planning
- Work closely with team managers to define their role in supporting an accurate understanding of their team’s capacity
- Facilitate the continued development and definition of this function, including process development, technology solutions, and a skillset/talent management system
Strategic Capacity Planning
- Support the organization's efforts to model resource capacity and visualize project modeling scenarios during strategic planning cycles
- Advise on feasibility to successfully complete all of the projects in the portfolio
- Help to influence decision-makers on how best to align work to resource availability and desired timing
- Help analyze future demand or patterns for resources and recommend options that will prepare the organization for future skill needs
- Maintain and provide accurate data for leadership regarding staffing against existing and pipeline projects
- Ensure there is a clear, current, and functional view for when resources are available and what projects they can be designated to
- Be able to provide what-if scenarios that inform leadership on choices for delivery
- Identify hiring needs and skills gaps as they arise
- Recommend project resources based on project needs, resource skills, and availability
- Provide and publish availability information and proactively manage bandwidth
- Lead recurring resource meetings and facilitate resourcing booking issues/conflict resolution as well as analyze and report on weekly utilization reports with stakeholders
- Maneuver changing framework conditions and resource availability, and find solutions to resource management conflicts as they occur
A successful Associate Resource Manager asks questions like:
- How much work can the organization support?
- What roles does this project need to staff?
- What patterns are we seeing in our work?
- What skills are most often utilized?
- What skills are missing or need more investment?
- How will this new request disrupt or fit into our current portfolio?
- How are teams staffed against the work?
- Who is available to work on a project and when?
- What are the capacity models for each team?
- How do we transition from role based to person specific resource identification?
- Capture employee qualifications and skills
- Provide transparency about workload and capacities
- Reduce bottlenecks due to overallocation
- Visualize resource data and model “what if” scenarios in a way that compels swift and effective decision-making
- Plan how resources are allocated across multiple projects over time
- Be able to identify resource bottlenecks and potential conflicts at an early stage
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of related experience in one of the following areas: human resources, recruiting, staffing/placement/resource management, or field consulting experience
- Organization, process initiation and management, negotiation, communication, change management and compromise
- Experience in resource management framework within mid-size company
- Experience with a resource management enterprise application.
- Ability to visualize ideas and new concepts
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop trust with the Leadership Team and Extended Leadership Team
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law